Welcome to the Cascadians Against White Supremacy Workgroup
CAWS (Cascadians Against White Supremacy) is a non-partisan, volunteer organization aimed at educating about and acting against white supremacist action within the Cascadia bioregion.
We do this via independently run workgroups and semi-annual CAWS summits, which feature TEDx-style personal and educational presentations, musical guests, and performances. Each summit culminates in resistance art making workshops, sponsored by Cascadia Underground.
HOW DO I JOIN THE CAWS?
If you’re interested in fighting white supremacy within the Cascadia bioregion, here are ways you can get involved with CAWS:
- Join a work group. This is an all-hands-on-deck movement! If you want to take responsibility for networking with frontline groups, join in on postering campaigns, help organize the next CAWS Summit, or have some sweet merch ideas – there’s a workgroup waiting for you to start or join!
- Give a presentation at a CAWS summit. Whether you’re passionate about the history of WS within Cascadia, are trained in conflict de-escalation tactics, want to talk about your personal experiences, or want to perform your anti-racist or POC-perspective art for a new audience – let us know!
- Share, promote, and bring awareness to CAWS events and workgroups. Talk to people within your network about CAWS, or post on social media.
- Make suggestions. See something we’re missing? Let us know, and consider leading a workgroup on this topic or interest!
QUESTIONS FOR CAWS?
Please email us at email@example.com, or stop by the Cascadia Underground location within Horizon Books on Capitol Hill in Seattle, WA.
- Join the CAWS: Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/jointhecaws
- Join the CAWS: Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/jointhecaws/
- Learn more about what Cascadia is or...Google it! :)